Primary ResponsibilitiesFund Development Director, Giving Back to Africa
The Fund Development Director is accountable for the development and successful execution of a fund development strategy that ensures the ongoing continuity and long-term growth of Giving Back to Africa’s objectives and mission. This will be accomplished through fulfilling responsibilities in the areas of strategic fund development, marketing, and communications.
1. Fund Development, Marketing, and External Communications
- Creates and successfully implements a strategic fund development plan
- Develops and updates marketing materials, including a dynamic website and social media presence, and coordinates with Administrative Director to produce materials and updates
- Understands programming and curriculum, current project and progress, and impact to community in order to effectively “tell story” via presentations, cultivation of prospective donors, print and visual media, etc.
- Builds a network of contacts among larger, influential organizations nationally and/or globally
- Ensures continuity of funding throughout the fiscal year
- Analyzes and updates database with prospecting information
- Identifies opportunities to speak at various venues, conferences, and other events that present opportunities for marketing, fund development, programming, and/or “brand” recognition
- Assists with the planning, organization, marketing, procurement, and agenda for special events, including 1-2 large fundraisers per year
- Builds relationships with sponsors
2. Administration and Financial Responsibilities
- Ensures clarity and compliance on donations related to any restrictions assigned
- Coordinates activities of interns and volunteers focused on fund development
- Proactively identifies and communicates any funding event or changes that may cause variances to financial situation of the organization.
- Works with administrative director and treasurer to forecast cash flows based on the identification and timing of incoming funding
- Communicates regularly with the Board President
Skills and Competencies
For success in the Fund Development role, the incumbent will rely on the following:
- Ability to effectively and inspirationally articulate and communicate Giving Back to Africa’s “story” - mission, approach, fundamental beliefs, values, and successes
- Experience in fund development
- Relationship development and management
- Understands psychology of giving, motivations/incentives for giving
- Proven success with solicitation and fundraising strategies and techniques
- Analytical and data management skills
- Marketing knowledge and skills
- Organizational agility
- Strong stand-up presentation skills
- Drive for results
- Personal integrity and professional conduct
- Online and computer technical skills
Flexible hours, approximately half-time, some telecommuting allowed
Salary: Consultant/Contractor basis at $17,000-$19,000 annually
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Michael Shermis, Giving Back to Africa Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org) by end of day November 6, 2013.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Michael Shermis, Giving Back to Africa Consultant (email@example.com) by end of day November 6, 2013.